Hiking formula, 4 days with a donkey in the Cévennes/Mont Lozère
Our "all inclusive" formulas
- Stevenson formula, 14 days (the full historic trail from Le Monastier-sur-Gazeille to St-Jean-du-Gard)
- Stevenson formula, 7 days - Family
- Stevenson formula, 7 days - Experienced walkers - Comfort++
- Stevenson formula, 7 days - Experienced walkers
- Hiking formula, 7 days with a donkey in the Cévennes/Mont Lozère
- Hiking formula, 5 days with a donkey in the Cévennes/Mont Lozère
- Hiking formula, 4 days with a donkey in the Cévennes/Mont Lozère
- Hiking formula, 3 days with a donkey in the Cévennes/Mont Lozère
- Hiking formula, 2 days with a donkey in the Cévennes/Mont Lozère
4 DAY PACKAGE
Examples of family tours. Do not hesitate to contact us for some other tours (family or experienced walkers).
Family = for a family with young children, no difficulties, short distances
Family + = for a family of experienced walkers, a greater level of height differences, short or medium distances.
4 day hike in the Cévennes (for family)
Guesthouse Formula possible
The itinerary may be subject to modification in relation to accommodation availability.
Castagnols ---- Le Rey (11 km):
Walk along the peaks and ridges with panoramic view over the Vallée Longue, Luech valley and Mont Lozère. The Coudoulous trail: Château de Verfeuil.
- Le Rey: B&Bs and yurt. Table d'hôte.
Le Rey ---- Le Lauzas (8 km):
Hamlets, forests, rivers. Ford the river Dourdon to reach "Le Mas du Lauzas", a traditional Cévennes house, nestling in a valley next to a river.
- Le Lauzas: guesthouse and B&Bs. Table d'hôte. Bathing in the river.
Le Lauzas ---- Le Temple (1é km):
Cross forests of wild chestnut tress and restored hamlets. Bathig sopts in small rivers with clear water. Walk between hills and valleys. Beautiful views.
- Le Temple: guesthouse and meals.
Le Temple ---- Castagnols (10 km):
Walk to the pass Chalsio back to Castagnols across a crest trail with panoramic views over the Cévennes and Mont Lozère. Before arriving: bird's eye view on the hamlet Castagnols.
- Castagnols: guesthouse, B&B and table d’hôte. Campsite.
4 day hike in Mont Lozère (for family +)
B&B Formula possible
Castagnols ---- La Ferme de la Baraque (10 km):
A beautiful walk along the peaks and ridges with a panoramic view over Vallée Longue, Luech and Mont Lozère. The Coudoulous trail: Château de Verfeuil
- La Ferme de la Baraque: B&Bs and table d'hôte. Swimming pool.
La Ferme de la Baraque ---- Le Mas du Seigneur (10 km):
A trail through pine and chestnut forests in a wild, protected valley to "Le Mas du Seigneur", a beautiful traditional Cévennes house.
- Le Mas du Seigneur: B&Bs and wooden chalet with facilities nearby. Table d'hôte. Swimming pool.
Le Mas du Seigneur --- Mas Nouveau (14 km):
Walk down over Chamborigaud and Le Pont-de-Rastel, nice village which was used as set for some novels of the most famous of its inhabitants: Jean-Pierre Chabrol, writer and story-teller bor in the Cévennes. Bathing in the Luech and reach Mas Nouveau through forests of pine trees and oaks.
- Mas Nouveau: B&Bs and guesthouse formula. Table d'hôte. Sauna, jacuzzi
Mas Nouveau --- Castagnols (10 or 17 km):
Cross the Montclar pass opposite the wild Cévennes hills, drop down along the donkey trails formerly used for transporting ore from the silver mine at Vialas. Take a refreshing dip in the Luech before making your way back.
- Castagnols: guesthouse, B&B and table d’hôte. Campsite
All inclusive price (from 2 adults):
-Adult: 391 € in guesthouses / 461 € in B&Bs
-Child under 10: 325 € in guesthouses / 399 € in B&Bs
-Free for children under 2
3 nights full pension, donkey hire (1 donkey for 3 people) with full equipment, preparation before departure, topographical guide, accomodation and food for the donkey, reservations, accomodation prepaid.
Arrival in Castagnols on the day before the walk. At 5 pm: instructions on walking with a donkey and about the route chosen. Meal and overnight at Castagnols.
Departure in the morning, afternoon arrival at the target guesthouse.
Return to Castagnols around 5 pm the last day.
For overnight in Gentiâne guesthouse at return, see "Prices".