Holiday stays at Castagnols…
To make the most of autumn in the Cévennes and its amazing light, chestnuts, mushrooms and the belling of the stags or to enjoy the soothing springtime, its flowers, butterflies, birdsong... for a birthday, a party with friends, a weekend in the country or even holidays in Castagols, you can book the guest house in the so-called low season from 15th March to 1st May and 15th October to 15th November.
Star form itineraries: 4 different walks starting from the hamlet, without car transport required, along the ridges or in the valleys and many more walks just 10 minutes away by car (Mont Lozère, Vallée Longue), maps and topographical guides are at your disposal.
- Ecomusée at Mont Lozère (Pont de Montvert, 30 min)
- Silver mines (Vialas, 10 min)
- Tours of beautiful Cévennes villages along signposted paths: Vialas, Génolhac, Le Pont-de-Rastel (where Jean-Pierre Chabrol lived), Le Pont-de-Montvert (where the Camisards revolt began)
- Castles of Aujac, Portes (sentinel of the Régordane trail), Miral and Brésis, Medieval village of Garde Guérin.
- Exploration trails in the Cévennes National Park (flora, history, heritage)
- Festivals all over. Jazz in Vialas in July. Craft festival.
- Rock climbing, canyon jumping, Villefort lake (bathing, nautical activities).
- La Cocalière grotto
- Village markets
- Groups of family or friends can rent the entire guest house for Christmas or New Year festivities.
- Tourist office