Choosing the right itinary
The present procedure does not include "self-managed" walks.
1. Communicate your requirements by e-mail, letter or telephone (duration, difficulty, comfort, number of persons, the level of experience).
2. We send you a selection of circuits which correspond to your profile and requirements.
3. You select your preferred circuit.
4. Once the choice has been made, we send you a reservation confirmation form (to be completed with a 50% deposit, payable for our services only).
5. We book your accommodation, the donkeys and confirm that everything is in place (receipt by post or e-mail). You can start dreaming about your future holidays in the Cévennes, with full peace of mind.
4 options: set circuit, accompanied hike, hiking package, self-managed hike
In order to select the best adapted circuit or itinerary for YOU, please take the following fundamental criteria into account.
The level of all participants:
Define the level of all participants: this is very important in order to ensure the best adapted circuit and a pleasant walking atmosphere. Consider the age, sporting capacity and motivation of each participant. Don't forget that the level of a group, much like the strength of a chain, should be based on the weakest link.
Ensure that each participant has the right equipment for the walk (check the technical files).
|The group's requirements:
- level of comfort (guesthouse, B&B, bivouac...)
- the level of difficulty (distance between stages)
- carrying capacities (will people carry their own bags or do they prefer to walk "light" and enjoy the comfort of the donkey porter?). This defines the number of donkeys required (maximum 40 kg load).
- in a B&B or rural inn: private room with shower or bath + wash basin, some with private WC, sheets and towels provided.
- in a guesthouse: rooms or small dormitories with collective washing facilities (bring a sleeping bag, towel).
- in a yurt on some stages.
At the "table d'hôte" guesthouses and in all cases at B&B and inns where the meal is included in the price.
The Cévennes is a mid-mountain environment which offers circuit for 'leisure' walks or more sporting endeavours: stages are 10 km to 15 km in the first case and 15 km to 25 km in the second.
Height differences rarely exceed 500 m/day for the "leisure" type circuits.
Choose between a "leisure" or "sporting" approach to see which circuits are best adapted to your requirements.
You can plan a rest day in the middle of a hike or walk every other day (small loop circuits possible around guest house stages).
You can choose between a number of walking environments, see: Walking environment