Stevenson formula, 14 days (the full historic trail from Le Monastier-sur-Gazeille to St-Jean-du-Gard)
Our "all inclusive" formulas
- Stevenson formula, 14 days (the full historic trail from Le Monastier-sur-Gazeille to St-Jean-du-Gard)
- Stevenson formula, 7 days - Family
- Stevenson formula, 7 days - Experienced walkers - Comfort++
- Stevenson formula, 7 days - Experienced walkers
- Hiking formula, 7 days with a donkey in the Cévennes/Mont Lozère
- Hiking formula, 5 days with a donkey in the Cévennes/Mont Lozère
- Hiking formula, 4 days with a donkey in the Cévennes/Mont Lozère
- Hiking formula, 3 days with a donkey in the Cévennes/Mont Lozère
- Hiking formula, 2 days with a donkey in the Cévennes/Mont Lozère
This hike includes 14 days walking with stages of 12 km to 24 km.
The itinerary follows the trail taken by Robert Louis Stevenson in 1878 amidst some of the most beautiful landscapes of the Haute Loire, Lozère and Gard along the GR70 (the volcanic plateaux of the Velay, the prairies and forests of the Margeride, Mont Goulet, Mont Lozère, the Bougès range and the ridges and valleys of the Cévennes).
Stevenson Trail (FULL HISTORIC TRAIL)
The itinerary may be subject to modification in relation to accommodation availability.
Le Monastier/Gazeille ---> Goudet (10 km)
Goudet ---> Le Bouchet-St Nicolas (14 km)
Le Bouchet-St Nicolas ---> Pradelles (19.5 km)
Pradelles ---> Le Cheylard-L’Evêque (21,5 km)
Le Cheylard-L’Evêque ---> La Bastide Puylaurent (19 km)
or Notre Dame des Neiges (24 km)
La Bastide Puylaurent ---> Chasseradès (12 km)
Chasseradès ---> Le Bonnetès (14 km)
Le Bonnetès ---> Finiels 16.5 km)
Finiels ---> Mijavols (19 km)
Mijavols ---> Cocurès (15 km)
Cocurès ---> La Borie (12 km)
La Borie ---> Cassagnas (16 km)
Cassagnas ---> Pont-de-Burgen (19.5 km)
Pont-de-Burgen ---> St-Jean-du-Gard (16 km)
Recommended variation: To avoid Florac (long crossing through the town and section on the main RN106 road): cut through directly to Mijavols / La Borie (13 km).
A rest day at Chasseradès, Le Bonnetès, Finiels or a short additional stage to Le Pont-de-Montvert (visit the EcoMuseum, see the town's discovery trail).
All inclusive price (from 2 adults):
A) Guesthouse package:
-Adult: 1 442 €
-Child under 10: 1 192€
-Free for child under 2
B) B&B package:
-Adult: 1 598 €
-Child under 10: 1 400 €
-Free for child under 2
* Package based on 14 nights (13 in B&Bs and 1 night in a guesthouse in Mijavols (sheets and towels provided).
- Donkey rental (1 donkey for 3 people)
- Transport of the donkey to the departure point (Le Monastier-sur-Gazeille) and return transport for the donkey from the arrival point (St-Jean-du-Gard) back to Castagnols.
- Transport of the walkers in a comfortable vehicle both to the departure point and from the arrival point (4 people maximum).
- Organisation costs: provision of the topographical guide and any additional maps if required, booking of accommodation.
- The cost of invoicing and pre-payment of your accommodation and meals in the guest houses or B&B structures.
- Full pension accommodation (evening meals, room/dormitory, breakfast and picnic):
- 1st night, the day before setting off, in Castagnols and the 13 overnight stages along the way. Remember to bring cutlery and airtight boxes for salads.
- Accommodation and food for the donkey at each overnight stage.
Arrival in Castagnols on the day before the walk. At 5 pm: instructions on walking with a donkey and about the route chosen. Meals and overnight at Castagnols.
Departure in the morning, transport of the donkey and 4 walkers maximum to the departure point; afternoon arrival at the next target guesthouse or B&B.
Return transport of the donkey and 4 walkers maximum back to Castagnols around 5 pm the last day.
For overnight in Gentiâne guesthouse at return, see "Prices".